What people are saying about Amy
People tell me I’m everything they want in a trainer:
- I am dynamic and energetic!
- I work to accommodate all learning styles.
- I can simplify important concepts without dumbing them down.
- I am inspiring and knowledgeable.
- I am accessible and willing to work with you.
- I meet deadlines and budgets.
But you don’t have to take my word for it!
Workshop & Session Feedback
- Advanced Positioning Strategies participants rated this newly revised session as 4.9 on a 5 point scale. Spontaneous comment included “exceptional” and “excellent”. New doulas, experienced doulas, and nurses all attended and felt it matched their learning level.
- Over 90% of 400 birth doula training participants have rated Amy as “excellent” on “familiarity with topics”, “organization of material”, “presentation” and “uses a variety of teaching aids”.
- Over 80% of 100+ Parent-Infant Interaction workshop participants, rate Amy with 4.25 or higher (on a five point scale) on “speaker organization”, “knowledge level”, and “presentation skills”.
From the “The Doula Effect” session at a hospital with an audience of nurses and doulas:
- The instructor used scenarios that were real to my job. – 4.67 (out of 5 points)
- The instructor answered questions easily. – 4.85
- The instructor encouraged questions, discussion and involvement. – 4.72
- The materials were clearly written and well organized. – 4.50
- I will use the materials as a reference source. – 4.27
Course Surveys from Human Sexuality Students
100% of my Human Sexuality students agreed with these statements on their Course Surveys:
- The instructor was able to give clear explanations of difficult ideas.
- The instructor has a good knowledge of the subject matter.
- The instructor made me feel free in class to ask questions or express my opinions.
- The course was well coordinated and ran smoothly.
- The syllabus was well organized and accurately described the course.
94% would “like to take another course from this instructor”.
Quotes from Workshop Particpants
- “Amy is a master teacher – she inspired me and I learned so much about doulaing from her doulaing us!”
- “The hours flew by – I was never bored. I couldn’t believe the day was over!”
- “The video segments were great and illustrated her points.”
- “Amy Gilliland was great! I would take any class from her.”
- “Highly recommended instructor – I would suggest her workshops to anyone in my field.”
- “Amy is passionate and animated which makes her material come alive.”
- “I feel like she really cares.”
- “She is a master.”
- “Thank you for understanding that everyone learns differently– I was so relaxed working with you.”
- “Amy, you seem really well organized, which enhanced the usefulness of the session.”
- “Our hospital staff was very impressed with you and are teaching me new techniques!”
- “Excellent training! Enjoyed immensely, learned a lot. Thank you!”
- “I am a pretty tough grader because I have such high expectations of Amy’s work!” (from an evaluation form)
- “The material was well presented and thoughtful. Very relevant information, very useful and very applicable!”
- “This has been a wonderful experience to help me clarify my values and realize me that I’m on the right path.”
- “Amy is an excellent speaker, she is very knowledgeable and has much experience to share.”
- “Amy provided great support, great source of strength and inspiration.”
- “Amy is “real” and very accessible and great at building my confidence.”
- “Amy shares her passion for her work and extensive experience in a direct and meaningful way.”
- “Amy brings practical wisdom, a sense of being well grounded and a juicy sense of humor! She is very clear about the importance of informed choices and gives great examples.”