NEW! Wisconsin Communication Skills for Birth Professionals! Saturday, September 10, 8:15 – 12:30 before the Statewide Doula Meeting!
Tickets are available on Eventbrite: $60 for 4 CE’s!! Plus these are skills you will start using immediately all over your life. Guaranteed!
“Amy is a visionary in our field.” – Penny Simkin, PT, author and founder of the modern doula movement
“Dr. Gilliland is a thought leader for the doula profession.” – Christine Morton, Ph.D., author of Birth Ambassadors: Doulas and the Re-Emergence of Woman-Supported Birth in America
Bring A Conference Quality Speaker To You!
Dr. Gilliland has keynoted three regional conferences, given four general session presentations, and been a featured speaker at over 20 others. Her sessions regularly receive the highest marks for content, presentation, and audience involvement. Dr. Gilliland’s sessions rely on her research and expertise to make sessions useful and applicable to your audience. Besides lecture and discussion, she relies on small group exercises, experiential learning and a lively presentation style to communicate effectively. Amy has over 200 hours of training in adult education and regularly uses Accelerated Learning and Flipped Classroom techniques.
This web site is set up to handle registration and payments if needed. You don’t have to worry about it with your local event!
Theme Workshops (Full Day)
- Birth Empowerment Workshops for Family Advocates and Home Visitors
- Parent-Infant Interaction and Attachment Workshops
With this catalogue, its easy to design your own one day workshop. Many sessions are already approved for CE’s (continuing education) with DONA International, which are acceptable to other birth organizations. I can supply you with the documents needed for nursing, midwifery or physician ceu’s. Topics are relevant for nurses, childbirth educators, birth and postpartum doulas, midwives, and other birth professionals.
These are appropriate for large lectures, scholarly and professional conferences as well as small groups. (Click on any title for a detailed description.)
- The Doula Effect: How and Why Doulas Help Mothers Have Shorter Labors, Less Pain, and More Satisfying Births**
- Why Are We Trying To Turn Men Into Women? Meeting a Father’s Real Needs During Labor**
- From Lovers to Parents and Back Again: A Time of Shifting Sexual Identity (for birth professionals)**
- Birth Matters! How Birth Experiences Shape Later Sexuality for Men and Women (for Marriage and Family Therapists)**
- Hospital Based Doulas and Independent Practice Doulas: What’s The Difference?**
** have been presented at international conferences to excellent reviews.
Skill Building Sessions
- Advanced Positioning Strategies
- Relationship Violence and The Doula
- Doulas as Facilitators of Transformation and Grief
- Communication Effectiveness for Birth Professionals (available in 2, 3, and half day formats)
- Induction and the Doula
- Power of Witnessing and Strength Circle
- Supporting Mothers with Pre-existing PTSD (Prior to Birth)
- Preventing Traumatic Childbirth
- Circumcision Counseling In A Time of Cultural Change
- Powerful Prenatal Visits
- Reading Infant Cues and Temperament