Online Course on Thinkific
Powerful Prenatal Relationships is our premier online course! Grounded in twenty years of research with birth doulas and parents, this course leads you into becoming the professional who transforms their clients and patients lives for the better. Four hours of topics, with lectures, handouts, and graphics to guide you every step of the way. (Four nursing CE's) Investment: $200
Participants will be able to:
- Apply the seven principles of powerful prenatal relationships to create value, empowerment and positive change in their own and their client’s lives.
- Implement Trauma Informed Care from the first contact.
- Create an effective schema of topics to use at prenatal visits for a variety of client types.
- Determine best approaches to involving partners in their own prenatal relationship with the doula, nurse, or family visitor.
- Characterize and reinforce that the doula's primary role of support of their clients is the most valuable and helpful; rather than being a problem solver, fixer or educator.
- Utilize the nine questions from the Debriefing The Visit Exercise to develop insight into themselves and their clients.
- Locate areas to increase opportunities and value for clients with lower effort.
- Explore how their own implicit bias gets in the way of relating authentically to clients and effective practiced strategies for addressing one's biases.
- Prioritize rapport building with a pregnant client when only a one hour prenatal visit is possible.
- Recognize which strategies work best with different kinds of partners and families to optimize their outcomes.
- Meet client needs more effectively with our bonus tools for virtual visits and postpartum wellness visits!